|Company Name||Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust|
|Address||The Wellbeing & Mental Health Helpline Admin Office |
Windmill Rise, off Preston New Road
|Salary Per Hour||This is a volunteering role and as such is not paid|
|Speciality||Mental Health volunteering|
|Weekly Working Pattern||A minimum of one four hour session per fortnight, during the service opening hours. Monday to Friday 7pm – 11pm Saturday & Sunday 12 midday to 12 midnight.|
|Location(s)||Fylde & Wyre|
Essential requirements for this role are:
• Good communication skills
• Clear handwriting
• Able to utilise a PC, Telephone, photocopier
• Ability to follow instructions
• Willingness to help and support staff and callers
• Demonstrates empathy and compassion
• Calm manner
• Comfortable working in a fast moving environment
• Comply with all Trust Policies and Procedures in relation to information governance and confidentially
This volunteering opportunity is only open to individuals aged 18 and over.
To become an Operator you will need to have a mature outlook and have a non-judgmental approach to people’s problems. You will be required to complete an initial training course before starting volunteering for the service, and attend regular training and feedback sessions as required. You will be trained to provide emotional support via text and telephone conversation in a professional and sensitive manner to the people of Lancashire & South Cumbria relating to mental health issues and provide factual information where appropriate.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
1. To respond to telephone callers/texters in a dignified and polite manner.
2. To listen and act in an understanding and non-judgmental way.
3. To maintain boundaries and confidentiality in line with helpline policy.
4. To maintain accurate records of calls/texts as per agreed procedures.
5. To complete the initial training sessions and subsequent training and feedback sessions.
6. To participate in supervision sessions on a regular basis.
7. To participate in any evaluation of the service.
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.