|Company Name||FCMS (NW) Ltd|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address||FCMS, Newfield House, Vicarage Lane, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 4EW|
|Salary Per Hour||16.51|
|Speciality||Nursing and Midwifery / Pharmacist / Paramedic|
|Weekly Working Pattern||37|
|Sector(s)||Nursing and Midwifery, Primary Care|
|Location(s)||Fylde & Wyre|
" Essential criteria
Professional clinical qualification and active registration with relevant regulator, e.g. first-level registered nurse with active NMC registration Registered Midwife Paramedic - Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Must be educated to degree level in relation to their registered role. Evidence of consolidating post qualification practice Evidence of commitment to ongoing continual personal and professional development. Desirable criteria
Post registration experience of 2 years in a primary or acute setting Knowledge of clinical governance / quality performance Some awareness of issues relating to vulnerable people Evidence of liaising with multidisciplinary agencies both internal and external to the organisation"
At FCMS we provide exceptional call handling, dental, planned care and urgent care services across the Fylde Coast and beyond. Working alongside and providing services for the NHS, while retaining our own sense of identity, enables us to operate with adaptability and openness while having fun.
About our Call Centre
We have an established history of handling calls for both clinical and non-clinical services; ensuring that all services we operate are maintained at the highest level of quality and efficiency. We have been delivering local health care since 1994 during out of hours periods; taking calls for GP practices when they are closed which enables us to understand what the local population needs. Our knowledge puts us in the ideal position to deliver a range of services that our patients deserve. We are proud to deliver NHS 111 and local booking agent services. Through these challenging times, we make a real impact on the communities we serve; ensuring users get the assessments they need and that patients are booked into local care services at same day health centres.
What will the role involve?
Our call centre is a highly varied and incredibly busy work environment where no two days are the same. Patient care is our utmost priority and you will remain calm and professional even when dealing with high call volumes and challenging or distressed customers. The role of 111 Clinician supports our 111 Health Advisors to provide full clinical assessments and provide home management advice to callers.
Flexibility to work a variety of shifts is essential in this role. While the 111 service is 24/7, FCMS provide the 111 service between 7am – 12 midnight 365 days a year. Therefore, you must be able to work some shifts across evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and during the festive period. Full-time, part-time and bank shifts are available.
Duties of the role include:
• Use clinical assessment software to provide skilled and effective assessment of patients presenting clinical need through telephone consultation
• Use your knowledge and understanding of current national developments and trends within healthcare to ensure callers are receiving correct and accurate clinical advice
• Work efficiently and autonomously, whilst demonstrating a wide range of clinical knowledge in relation to acute and Chronic illnesses
• Working with ever developing technologies with a good level of keyboard skills
• Refer to other clinical colleagues where necessary for advice while maintaining accountability and responsibility for clinical decisions
• Undertaking an intensive internally based training programme called NHS Pathways to be able to use the software in a safe, effective and efficient manner
• Gathering essential information in the least possible time while remaining polite and courteous, upgrading or downgrading outcomes using clinical judgment
• Following strict procedures and protocols at all times
• Working effectively under pressure with the ability to remain calm whilst being sensitive to the callers and patient’s needs
• Flexibility to work a variety of daytime, evening, weekend, night and bank holiday hours on rotation and when required for holiday and sickness
We welcome applications from candidates from a variety of clinical backgrounds as we want our 111 Clinicians to reflect the diverse patient population we serve. The role is suited to individuals with experience and qualifications as either a nurse, paramedic or pharmacist (band 6 upwards or band 5 with experience).
What’s in it for you?
Working for an organisation where culture is key, we want to create an inspirational and inclusive environment where colleagues embody our values; Fun, Awesome, Brave, Go-getting, Oompf and Humble. Our service user population is already incredibly diverse and we want to reflect this across our colleague profile.
In addition to a supportive team, there is a range of benefits available including a cash bonus and an attendance bonus – meaning you can earn an extra six days leave per year! As we work with the NHS, we can offer staff the NHS pension contribution of 14.38%.
Whatever enables you to live authentically and no matter the road that has led you to us, joining FCMS provides the opportunity to act with kindness and a real sense of being able to strive for the impossible.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exemption Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. This will require three forms of valid ID to be produced and verified. The onboarding process is also subject to an Occupational Health check, suitable professional references and eligibility to work in the UK (with the requirement to provide relevant documentation as evidence)."
Working Hours – Full Time/Part Time/Bank Available
Weekly Working Pattern – Varied – full time (37 hours) / Part Time / Bank Available
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.