|Company Name||Issa Medical Centre|
|Job Type||Part Time|
|Address||73 St Gregory Road|
|Salary Per Hour||10|
|Weekly Working Pattern||Various available including full and part time|
|Sector(s)||Administrative Services, Primary Care|
Good standard of English - both written and verbal
Experience of working with the public.
General Practice experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Knowledge and Skills
The ability to work well within a team and independently.
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
Basic IT skills and the ability to navigate computer systems - full training will be provided.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Issa Medical Group have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our busy but very supportive care navigation team.
Issa Medical Group’s mission statement is:
‘to provide the best possible quality service for our patients within a confidential and safe environment through effective collaboration and teamwork.
To show our patients courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of the health problem.’
Our core values are:
· Openness – Where staff communicate clearly and openly with patients, relatives and carers
· Fairness – Everyone has the same opportunities and treatment
· Respect – Listening, understanding and valuing what you tell us
· Accountability- Being transparent and clear to the public, patients and staff
We are looking for three suitable candidates to work part time within our team, but with an opportunity for overtime.
Main duties to include; dealing with incoming telephone enquiries, booking and re-arranging appointments, dealing with patient enquiries face to face, and ensuring the overall smooth running of the reception department.
Main duties of the job
1. Job Summary
The purpose of this role is to:
· Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
· Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone at all times
· Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice
Issa Medical Group is a forever growing GP Surgery. What started off as a small practice down on Deepdale Road looking after just 2200 patients, 11 years ago, is now the largest GP surgery in Preston. Based over two sites, Issa Medical Group now looks after just over 32,000 patients.
We have approximately 120 staff, including GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Pharmacists, Physician Associates, Paramedics, Practice Nurses, Healthcare Assistants, Physiotherapists, as well as administrative staff. We are also a training practice, so often have medical students, and trainee GPs working with us.
Despite the rapid growth of us, Issa Medical Group maintained the "work family" ethic, and work together as a supportive and caring team. Ensuring that each staff member feels valued and looked after, in line with our practice’s core values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Receiving patients and visitors courteously and efficiently
· Book in, amend and cancel patient appointment in line with practice appointments procedures ensuing optimum efficiency of the appointment system.
· Receive and accurately record requests for home visits, document on the patient’s records and print off home visit summary sheets.
· Respond and redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
· Produce repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice procedures and ensure timely distribution of completed prescriptions.
· Be the main point of call for prescription queries, from both patient’s and pharmacies
· Ensure all reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy.
· Photocopying and stocking up of forms in reception.
· Answering incoming calls, ensuring the call log is kept up to date, and calls are redirected accordingly and undertake administrative tasks as allocated by your supervisors.
· Ensure up-to-date maintenance of both computerised and manual filing systems (i.e. patient notes, tagging, filing and change of address)
· Regularly check EMIS messages to ensure any queries have been actioned, this includes internal emails.
· Check the fridge daily for lab specimens if the nurse is not available, and ensure any samples that need refrigerating overnight are locked away in the fridge.
· At the end of the evening, re stock all doctor’s rooms, ensure all windows are closed and lights are switched off.
· Opening up/locking up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols
· Be available to work overtime in order to meet business needs and also work at any our branches
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.