|Company Name||Creative Support|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Salary Per Hour||9.60|
|Weekly Working Pattern||37.5 per week|
|Sector(s)||Social Care, Support Services|
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Male Support Worker to our team in Ribbleton, Preston.
We are looking for calm, patient and hardworking individuals with a friendly disposition and are keen to join our friendly team in Preston. You will be helping to provide 2 to 1 care to our male client who lives with complex care needs including Tourette’s syndrome. Experience is preferred but not essential for this role, as it the ability to demonstrate unconditional positive regard in a positive behavioural support setting.
Support Worker Duties:
• Actively embrace all aspects of the role including support with personal care and domestic tasks as well as community activities such as walking, swimming and going to the gym
• Administering medication
• To support people who can express their needs through challenging behaviour at times, this may include the use of blocks
• Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service, which will include waking night shifts
• Be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos
Previous experience in providing care is preferred however not essential as full training including accredited health and social care diplomas is available through our own training academy.
You will have the maturity to be able to work within a positive behaviour support framework, to accept responsibility, handle stress and to grow in confidence as a skilled practitioner. You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
You will have the opportunity to undertake the responsible role of being a Key Worker/Co-worker. This will enable you to plan alongside members of the person’s circle of support to enable individuals to be happy, healthy and to be successful in achieving their wishes and aspirations. Our person centred planning meetings and processes are co-produced with the people we support and their families to promote a unified approach. Together we set meaningful and aspirational goals, which Key Workers have a particular responsibility to work towards. This will provide you with a great experience to enable you to develop skills which can underpin a successful career in adult social care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
Documents to Download
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.