|Company Name||Bay Medical Group|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address||Bay Medical Group|
1 Heysham Road
|Weekly Working Pattern||37.5 hours|
|Sector(s)||Administrative Services, Primary Care|
|Location(s)||Morecambe Bay and South Cumbria|
Minimum of C grade GCSE or equivalent in English, Maths.
Evidence of continuing personal development
Ability to travel across the locality as required.
Access to own transport
Personal Qualities and Attributes
Commitment to reducing health inequalities
Demonstrates use of appropriate communication to gain the co-operation of relevant stakeholders (including patients, senior and peer colleagues, and other professionals, other NHS/private organisations, e.g., CCGs)
Innovative and enthusiastic
Can recognise personal limitations and refer to more appropriate colleague(s) when necessary
Ability to identify risk and assess/manage risk
Able to provide leadership and to finish work tasks
Ability to maintain effective working relationships and to promote collaborative practice with all colleagues
Demonstrates personal accountability, emotional resilience and works well under pressure
Ability to organise, plan and prioritise on own initiative, including when under pressure and meeting deadlines
Ability to work flexibly and enthusiastically within a team or on own initiative
Experience of working in a senior administrative role.
Experience in staff management and leading a team.
Experience in designing workflows & processes.
Experience of successful annual/ long term and short-term planning.
Experience of working in an NHS or other healthcare environment
Knowledge and Skills
Self-motivated and able to motivate others
Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
High level of written and oral communication skills
Understanding of confidentiality in primary care
Ability to direct the work of others
Advanced IT skills
Ability to use data and produce timely and informative reports Knowledge of and ability to work to policies and procedures, including confidentiality, safeguarding, lone working, information governance, and health and safety
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please use this link: https://beta.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate/jobadvert/A3044-22-9803
The post holder will work closely with the Clinical Services Manager (CSM) to ensure the operational delivery of high quality, safe and effective BMG Medicines Management Team (MMT) and Bay Integrated Care Community (ICC) services to the whole practice population across all Bay Medical Group sites by co-ordinating and supporting the day-to-day management of the MMT and ICC staff. The post holder is accountable for operationally managing the ICC Team and MMT, includes recruitment / selection, deployment, and management of sickness absences. They will work collaboratively with the whole general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing leadership as required. The post holder will provide high quality personal assistant support to the CSM.
· To operate as an active member of the Practice Team and manage the overall operational day to day running of MMT & ICC.
· To be responsible for ensuring that administration is complete; to include return to work interviews, performance monitoring, performance management, disciplinary matters in line with practice policy.
· Implementing an effective system for annual leave and staff rota ensuring that services are maintained safely within the minimum operating levels.
· Liaise with HR on recruitment ensuring that job descriptions and contracts are reviewed and accurate.
· Be involved in ensuring an effective induction process is implemented for new starters.
· Ensure team meetings have timely agenda and minutes available; ensure meeting rooms are booked and Microsoft Teams invites are sent.
· Recording of overtime and expenses for the team in a timely manner for Finance to action.
· To collaborate with the CSM in development of the teams within the Partners vision of providing healthcare for happier, healthier people within the Practice Business Plan.
· Identify and implement service monitoring to inform decisions for continuous service improvements.
· Investigate and where appropriate delegate to MMT Manager non-clinical elements of patient complaints and service review / input into significant events and directly link with the Patient Engagement Manager.
· Ensure that standard operational procedure and protocols are implemented, reviewed and up to date.
· Ensure team members are up to date with mandatory training and have protected time to complete.
· Provide cross cover for urgent operational matters when Operation Manager for Nursing is on leave or absent.
· Ensure that the team is organised and able to achieve objectives as outlined in the BMG Business Plan.
· Representation of MMT and ICC to Operational Meetings including CQC and others as required
· Demonstrate sensitive communication styles to ensure teams are fully informed
· Communicate effectively with patients and carers, recognising the need for alternative methods of communication to overcome different levels of understanding, cultural background and preferred ways of communicating
· Anticipate barriers to communication and take action to improve communication
· Maintain effective communication with individuals and groups within the practice environment and with external stakeholders
· Act as an advocate when representing patients and colleagues
Planning and organisational skills
· Plan and organise meetings
· Prioritise own work
· Ensure day to day supervision and allocation of staff
· Contribute to development and implementation of policies
· Disseminate information in a timely manner to teams
· Take responsibility for own development learning and performance.
· Support the development of others to maximise potential.
· Actively promote the workplace as a learning environment, encouraging everyone to learn from each other and from external good practice
· Encourage others to make realistic self-assessment of their application of knowledge and skills, challenging any complacency and actions that are not in the interest of the public and/or users of services
· Demonstrate excellent analytical and judgemental skills for investigating issues, proposing solutions and dealing with complex enquiries
· Understand own role and scope, and identify how this may develop over time
· Work as an effective and responsible team member, supporting others and exploring the mechanisms to develop new ways of working
· Delegate clearly and appropriately, adopting principles of safe practice and assessing competence
· Prioritise own workload and ensure effective time-management strategies are used.
· Work effectively with others to clearly define values, direction and policies impacting upon care delivery
· Participate in team activities that create opportunities to improve clinical services
Management of risk
· Manage and assess risk within the areas of responsibility, ensuring adequate measures are in place to protect staff and patients
· Monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and free from hazards and conform to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines
· Undertake mandatory and statutory training requirements
· Participate in the local implementation strategies that are aligned to the values and culture of general practice
· Use technology as an aid to management in planning, implementation and monitoring, presenting and communicating information
· Review and process data accurately for monitoring and audit processes
· Understand the responsibility of self and others regarding the Freedom of Information Act
Equality and diversity
· Identify patterns of discrimination, take action to overcome this, and promote diversity and quality of opportunity
· Enable others to promote equality and diversity in a non-discriminatory culture
· Support people who need assistance in exercising their rights
· Act as a role model in the observance of equality and diversity
· Accept the rights of individuals to choose their care providers, participate in care and refuse care
· Assist patients from marginalised groups to access quality care
· To work closely with all members of the Practice team and undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time across any of the 5 sites.
This job description provides a broad outline of the main responsibilities of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake any other tasks and responsibilities commensurate with the position.
Fixed Term – 12 months Maternity Cover
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.