|Company Name||Creative Support|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Salary Per Hour||9.70|
|Weekly Working Pattern||37.5 hours|
|Sector(s)||Social Care, Support Services|
|Location(s)||Morecambe Bay and South Cumbria|
Are you looking to make a difference? Would you like to be a support worker in a fun and safe environment where every day is different? Then we want to hear from you. We are looking for caring and thoughtful individuals to join our established care team in Morecambe.
If you like walking and singing along to Elvis, this is the role for you!
The tenants you will be supporting have a wide variety of interests. Last spring we grew peas and rhubarb which we sold to buy more seeds, as well as use to make the odd rhubarb crumble!
Our supported living service in Morecambe provides person-centred support to adults who have learning disabilities, issues with mobility and behaviours that can challenge. As a support worker you will provide person-centred care and support to tenants to take part in all aspects of everyday life and to enjoy a wide range of activities.
If you can provide unconditional positive regard, we will support with:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Prior experience in this field of work is beneficial, although not a substitute for an engaging, creative and person centred approach. We will value the personal skills and interests you bring to the role and to the lives of service users. Your duties will include:
• Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support
• Assisting Service Users to participate in the local community
• Ability to work flexibly in shifts over the weekend and bank holidays
• Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users
• Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service
We offer a choice of weekly or monthly pay.
This is a role which can be enjoyed by people who are committed to making a positive difference, including experienced care workers, graduates and people looking for a stimulating career path into social care.
This service is based in Morecambe and is close to local bus routes.
Creative Support is a high quality provider of support to individuals with a wide range of care needs including individuals with a learning disability and other needs. We employ over 5,000 staff and have been a not for profit care provider for over 30 years.
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
Documents to Download
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.