|Company Name||Creative Support|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Salary Per Hour||9.70|
|Weekly Working Pattern||37.5 hours|
|Sector(s)||Social Care, Support Services|
|Location(s)||Morecambe Bay and South Cumbria|
We have a fun, new, vacancy for a support worker at our service in Heysham, Morecambe.
Our tenants have a wide range of interests and hobbies including volunteering, walking and membership of the Rollercoaster Association!
Join our committed staff team at our supported living service in Morecambe to provide person-centred support to adults with learning disabilities, autism and Downs Syndrome. As a valued support worker you will help our service users to enjoy an excellent quality of life.
You will provide person-centred care and support to tenants to take part in all aspects of every day life and to enjoy a wide range of activities. We are looking for the right person to share their passions and interest.
Support Worker duties:
• Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service
• Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support
• Ability to work flexibly in shifts over the weekend and bank holidays
• Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users
• Shifts are available during the day and for waking nights
Prior experience in this field of work is beneficial, although not a substitute for an engaging, creative and person centred approach.
This service is based in Heysham, Morecambe and is a short walk from local bus routes.
Creative Support is a high quality provider of support to individuals with a wide range of care needs including individuals with a learning disability and other needs. We employ over 5,000 staff and have been a not for profit care provider for over 30 years.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
• Choice of weekly or monthly pay
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
Documents to Download
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.