|Company Name||Creative Support|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Salary Per Hour||Up to £10.40 per hour|
|Weekly Working Pattern||Full time hours are 37.5 per week|
|Sector(s)||Social Care, Support Services|
Experience of supporting individuals with learning disabilities is essential for this Senior Support Worker role.
A clean valid driving licence and access to a car is desirable for this role but not essential.
You will be expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, including evenings and weekends.
Looking to progress in your social care career?
We are recruiting a Senior Support Worker for our supported living and outreach service in Blackpool which provides person centred support to adults with learning disabilities, some of whom have autism spectrum conditions and complex needs.
We are looking for an experienced carer to help lead a team of staff and provide care and support to individuals at our Blackpool service.
This is a great opportunity to take on a leadership role, receiving ongoing training to help you further your personal and professional development.
Your role as Senior Support Worker will include:
• Developing the independent living skills and community inclusion of service users
• Identifying and accessing activities with service users to promote valued and meaningful lifestyles
• Providing respectful personal care, emotional and practical support to service users
• Collaborating with service users, families and the multi-disciplinary team to maximise service user outcomes
• Implementing Creative Support principles, policies, procedures and guidelines and ensuring that the service fulfils CQC requirements
• Supervising and supporting staff to best meet service user needs and preferences
• Supporting the service user to have the opportunity for a full and happy life and to be safe and well.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support program
• Choice of weekly or monthly pay
• A wide range of training courses to further your personal and professional development, this will include managerial training
• Competitive pay, pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave, with holiday bonus after two years of service
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
Documents to Download
Apply Online Now
Create An Account to apply for this vacancy.