This short course is ideal for those people who want to apply for a job role within the NHS. This is a 2-week course.
You will learn:
- Identify personal qualities and skills needed for the job you are applying for. (including empathy, patience, compassion, communication, dedication)
- Transferable skills
- How to navigate the TRAC system
- Linking person specification to supporting information5. Building an Application with STAR
- Create examples of questions that you may be asked at interview and demonstrating your skills and qualities
- Identify how to create a good first impression
- Answering interview questions selling your skills, qualities and experience
- Reflect on your interview answers and identify how you could answer the questions differently
You will be assessed Through online learning resources by accessing our Virtual Learning Environment Moodle.
Weekly contact with your personal tutor, via phone call or video conferencing.
The course can be studied at your pace, which will be discussed in your initial discussion with your personal tutor.
It is estimated that the course will take between 2 – 5 hours to complete
You will complete an initial assessment via email and a discussion with your allocated personal tutor.
This will enable your tutor to plan the topics which will meet your individual needs
You should be able to:
· have access to a computer or tablet with an internet connection
· write in complete sentences using capital letters, full stops and question marks
· plan and write in short paragraphs
· identify main points and ideas in a text
· follow verbal and written instructions/including numerical information
The course is aimed at adult learners who with to apply for roles within the NHS and either lack confidence or want to gain a further insight into the application process for the NHS.
To book your place, please click here to apply